Samsara has the ability to send alerts for safe DVIRs with defects in case your maintenance staff wants to keep up to date on all defects, not just unsafe ones.
How to Use It
1. Navigate to Alerts (bell icon at the navigation bar at the top-right corner of the screen) > Configure > Unsafe DVIR with Defects
2. Configure Alert by customizing vehicle selection and recipient list
3. Select which vehicle(s) this alert applies to. Click Edit Vehicle Selection to switch between all vehicles, all vehicles within a tag, or a selection you can choose one by one.
4. Under Send Contact Notifications, select the recipient(s) of the alerts from your Alert Contact List. You can select multiple contacts to receive the alerts here, and use the + New button to add recipients who don't already exist in your contact list.
5. Once you’ve created the alert, it will appear on the left side of the page. You can turn the alert on or off by toggling the switch. If you want to edit the alert, click on the alert and edit accordingly.