The Coaching Summary helps ensure that all coaching is happening in a timely and consistent manner across the Safety Managers and Coaches in your fleet.
With the Coaching Summary you can:
- Ensure that coaches are having timely conversations with their drivers.
- Ensure that coaches are not dismissing a disproportionate number of events.
- Review a given coach's summary of events they've coached, reviewed, and dismissed.
To access the Coaching Summary on the Dashboard, please click Safety > Coaching > Summary.
The top-left area of the report displays a total for the following:
- Total Events: Total number of events for the specified time period
- Avg Time to Coach: Average time elapsed between when Samsara creates a safety event and when it is marked as coached
- Dismissed: Number of dismissed events
- Reviewed: Number of events that have been reviewed by a Safety Manager
- Needs Recognition: Number of events that need driver recognition
- Recognized: Number of events where a driver has received recognition
- Coached: Number of events that have been marked as coached
- Coached Late: Number of events that are coached 14+ days after an event occurs
- Needs Coaching: Number of events that are marked as Needs Coaching and are within the 14 day threshold
- Past Due for Coaching: Number of events that are marked as Needs Coaching and are past the 14 day threshold
Event Coaching Status
The Event Coaching Status shows the current coaching status for events over the past 8 weeks. The time range cannot be configured. Each bar represents events that occurred during that week. The color within each bar will change over time, as events become coached or overdue:
- Past Due for Coaching (orange)
- Needs Coaching (blue)
- Coached Late (dark green)
- Coached (green)
The table at the bottom of the page summarizes actions taken by individual Safety Managers. Each row represents a different Safety Manager.
Events that are reviewed, coached, or dismissed without a Safety Manager assigned will be included in the Unassigned row
Click into any Safety Manager listed in the table to view their actions and links to safety events