The Samsara DM11 Door Monitor is a sensor used for tracking the door open and closed status of a trailer while in use. The Samsara door monitor can be used on swing doors and roll-up doors.
Click on these links for more helpful information:
In the case that you need to troubleshoot your DM11, here are some steps to take based on the behavior observed.
Click on the behavior below:
- The DM11 has both a tilt sensor and a magnetic sensor for a rollup door and swing door, respectively
- The tilt sensor should be installed with the arrow facing any direction but up
- When installing the magnetic sensor, verify that light blinks when the door is opened and closed.
- The sensor will wirelessly connect to the gateway via Bluetooth
Tilt or swing incorrect on the dashboard
- View on sensor show page: Settings > Sensors > select sensor
- Adjust orientation if the settings reports 'swing' but door actually tilts, and vice versa