The CM12 and CM22 are high-definition, Internet-connected dash cameras. The CM12 camera captures outward-facing video and the CM22 with dual cameras simultaneously capture driver- and outward-facing video and automatically upload footage of accidents, hard braking, distracted driving, and other events of interest.
Click on these links for more helpful information:
In the case that you need to troubleshoot your CM12 or CM22, here are some steps to take based on the behavior observed.
Click on the behavior below:
- Receiving camera disconnected alerts
- The is no audio in video retrievals or hash event videos
- The image is black, dark, or blurry
- The video retrieval failed
Receiving camera disconnected alerts
- Check physical installation, is the USB securely plugged in?
- If the camera is securely plugged in and you are still receiving alerts, please contact our Support team for assist at samsara.com/help
There is no audio in the video retrieval or harsh event video
- Audio is a feature only available for the CM22 and CM32 models.
- Check if audio is enabled for the entire organization: Settings > Safety > "Audio Recording" should be toggled on. If this was not turned on prior to the time requested, audio will not be available.
The image is black, dark, or blurry
- Check the camera for physical obstructions. ie. is there tape of the lense or is the windshield dirty?
- Check the trip stills to see if the image has always looked this way or if it has worsened over time.
- Reboot the gateway by unplugging for 15 minutes and then plugging it back in.
The video retrieval has failed
- Click here to see a how-to on video retrievals.
- Ensure that the vehicle was on a trip, or moving over 5 MPH at the time requested.
- If you are requesting a hyperlapse that spans over time in which the vehicle was not on a trip, try requesting for only times in which the vehicle was on a trip.
- Ensure that the vehicle has not driven more than the storage parameters permit (24 hours for the CM31 and 40 hours for the CM32)