The CM31 and CM32 are high-definition, Internet-connected dash cameras designed to prevent accidents, exonerate drivers, and lower fleet costs. The CM31 has a wide-angle camera that captures outward-facing video, while the CM32 has dual-facing cameras that simultaneously capture driver- and outward-facing video and automatically upload and analyze footage of accidents, harsh driving, and other events of interest.
Click on these links for more helpful information:
In the case that you need to troubleshoot your CM31 or CM32, here are some steps to take based on the behavior observed.
Click on the behavior below:
- Missing trip stills
- The image is black, dark, or blurry
- The video retrieval failed
- There is no audio in the video retrieval or harsh event video
Missing trip stills
- Ensure that the cord is securely plugged into both the gateway and the camera.
- Complete a physical reboot by inserting a pin or paperclip into the hole on the bottom of the camera for 20 seconds.
- If image stills continue to not populate, please reach out to Support at support
The image is black, dark, or blurry
- Check the camera for physical obstructions. ie. is there tape on the lens or is the windshield dirty?
- Check the trip stills to see if the image has always looked this way or if it has worsened over time.
- Reboot the gateway by unplugging for 15 minutes and then plugging it back in.
The video retrieval has failed
- Click here to see a how-to on video retrievals.
- Ensure that the vehicle was on a trip, or moving over 5 MPH at the time requested.
- If you are requesting a hyperlapse that spans over time in which the vehicle was not on a trip, try requesting for only times in which the vehicle was on a trip.
- Ensure that the vehicle has not driven more than the storage parameters permit (24 hours for the CM31 and 40 hours for the CM32).
There is no audio in the video retrieval or harsh event video
- Audio is a feature only available for the CM22 and CM32 models.
- Check if audio is enabled for the entire organization: Settings > Safety > "Audio Recording" should be toggled on. If this was not turned on prior to the time requested, audio will not be available.