Samsara's Panic Button is a device hardwired to your Vehicle Gateway to allow drivers to alert fleet admins when there is an issue during a route. This feature was developed to help fleet admins differentiate panic button events from standard alerts within the dashboard. Admins will be notified via an alert over text, email, Slack or webhooks when the button is pressed. This feature adds security to your fleet when operating in high-risk areas or when transferring high-value goods.
Install the Panic Button
How to configure the Panic Button in the Dashboard
1. Log in to the Samsara Dashboard and select the vehicle where you installed the Panic Button
2. Click into the vehicle settings
3. Under Aux Input Type for Input Number 1, select Panic Button
4. Save your changes
5. Navigate to the Alerts page by clicking the alerts icon in the top right of the screen
6. Click on the Configure tab in the alerts page
7. Select Panic Button as the new alert type
8. Set up the alert for your specific needs (see Alert Basics for more information on available alert settings). Be sure to select Enable video uploads if you would like the video to be captured with each button press. Samsara will not capture the dashcam video by default. Allow alert banner in Fleet Overview, will prompt a red banner to appear when a driver pushes the panic button and will persist for 24 hours unless dismissed.