Samsara's AG24s are compatible with Caterpillar equipment. With provided specialized Caterpillar cables, users are able to pull important powered asset information such as engine hours, engine RPM, battery voltage, and more from their Caterpillar equipment and assets. This information is consolidated with GPS data, maintenance scheduling and other reporting on the cloud.samsara.com Dashboard.
Please reach out to your Sales Representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on this product.
Our Powered Assets support Caterpillar equipment with 9-pin/14-pin J1939 ECM diagnostic ports. The most common is the 9-pin form factor.
- Any Caterpillar equipment with J1939 9-Pin or 14-Pin diagnostic ports
- AG24 gateway device with appropriate J1939 Caterpillar Cables
- AG24 device is registered and activated on cloud.samsara.com
- Before securing the AG24 gateway device to equipment, plug in the cable to the Caterpillar ECM and AG24 to confirm that the cabling and device is set up correctly. Confirm that the AG24 gets power and the LED status light holds green within 1-2 minutes of power-on.
Note: If an orange blinking light persists during this time, try relocating the AG24 or the equipment itself to a location where cell and GPS signal can be accessed.
- Depending on the type of equipment this product is being installed on, mount and secure the AG24 unit on the equipment within wiring range of the diagnostic port.
When the device is installed and powered on, our AG24 will pull available data from that equipment.
If available, we report the following diagnostics:
Depending on the equipment, we may provide the following and more:
Please note that the asset gateways will report the most diagnostic information when the powered equipment is on and running. The available information may change depending on the current state of the equipment and data being provided from the diagnostics.