Samsara's new routing features allow you to follow preconfigured routes set up by fleet managers. You can follow routes and automatically complete stops with GPS tracking, or manually complete route stops.
How to follow a Route
1. Log into the Driver App, then select a vehicle.
2. Select the red Routes button from the home screen, then choose your route under the Today or Future tab by selecting "Tap to view route."
3. Select "Navigate to…" to open Google Maps to start navigating to your first job.
4. Any route stop will automatically be marked as complete when you stop at the assigned location within the scheduled time window. If you arrive and depart outside of the window, the stop will be labeled as 'Early' or 'Late.'
5. You can manually mark a job as complete by tapping the job, then tapping Manually Complete Stop.
6. Select a date and time for when you arrived and for when you departed from this stop, tapping "Submit" when done.
7. Note that you must submit the arrival and departure times at once. This cannot be edited later in the Driver App. If you need to make a change, contact a fleet manager to edit this for you in the Samsara dashboard.
Manual Stop Completion is as optional feature - if you don't see the "Manually Complete Stop" option, contact your fleet manager for more information.