Routes are preconfigured by Fleet Managers and can be assigned to a driver, assigned to a vehicle, or left unassigned for you. Here's how to select and follow a route in the Samsara Driver App:
How to select assigned routes
1. Log into the Driver App and select your vehicle
2. Tap the red Routes button on the Driver App home screen
3. All of today's routes that are assigned to you or your vehicle will appear under the 'Today' tab. All routes assigned to you or your vehicle for the next two days will appear under the 'Future' tab.
4. Select 'Tap to view route,' to view a route's stops in detail.
5. Tap "Navigate to..." to begin your route. Google maps will open, navigating you from your location to the first route job.
How to add unassigned routes to your queue
1. From the Routes screen, tap 'Select a route' to view unassigned routes from today or the next two days.
2. Select the route you want to assign to yourself, then confirm by tapping 'Select route' again. The route will be added to your queue. You can follow this process repeatedly to assign multiple routes to yourself.
*The availability of unassigned routes is a custom setting: your fleet manager must turn this on by following these steps).