Routes aren't always run exactly as planned. Samsara's Routing features allow you to let drivers manually complete a route stop, in case they didn't complete a job at the exact scheduled time or location.
How to set it up:
In your Samsara dashboard, navigate to Settings > Routing. Toggle on Driver Manual Stop Completion, then click Save.
Now your drivers are allowed to manually mark a stop as complete in the Driver App.
What a driver sees:
1. The driver logs into the Driver App, then selects a vehicle.
2. The driver selects the red Routes button, then chooses their route under the Today tab by selecting Tap to view route.
3. Any route job will automatically be marked as completed if the driver did stop at the assigned location within the route's scheduled time window.
4. The driver can manually mark a job as complete by tapping the job, then filling out the Complete Stop form. Here they select a date and time for when they arrived and for when they departed from this stop, tapping Submit when done.
4. Manual route completion requires that the arrival and departure times are submitted at once and cannot later be edited within the Driver App. If you need to make a change, you may edit the route stop in the Samsara dashboard.
Adding or editing completed stops in the dashboard
As a fleet manager, you can also manually complete a route stop or edit any manually or automatically generated stop in the dashboard.
1. Navigate to Fleet > Routes, then select the date of the route at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Click on the route to view it in detail, then click on the stop you want to complete or edit.
3. On the following Stop Detail page, view the Actual Arrival time at the left of your screen, and click edit to add Arrival and Departure dates and times.
- Manual Stop Completion is as optional feature you may offer your drivers. The setting is fleet-wide and cannot be applied to individual drivers
- When a driver competes a stop, you will be able to see this affect route reporting around the dashboard (under the Route and Stop Detail pages and route-related Live Sharing links)