(Include link to this article from "Wiring Triggers" article: https://kb.samsara.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041428331?flash_digest=ef96af13834ed012570880116cc2f5c608bb90f2.
This guide will help you understand how to wire triggers for the VS2. With this method you can (removed - to) leverage an existing break beam/ photo eye to trigger a photo to be taken on our system.
1) First, ensure that all four wires are stripped. (green, white, red, black)
2) Cut the red and black wires so they match the length of the green & white trigger wires.
2) Re-strip the black and red wires. (The second photos don't show the red + black wires as any different)
3) Fold down and tape the (output wires) blue & brown wires. Photo needed of blue + brown wires throughout process. Currently, there is no photo of blue + brown wires.
4) (Made this a new step) Cut off edges of the new power cord and restrip the wires.
Starting the Circuit:
1) Braid (can you define braid? twist maybe? need tools?perhaps link to video / tutorial) together the red wire from the VS2 cord.
2) Braid brown cord from the break beam (Is the break beam the red plastic covering?). Insert into a butt splice (close up photo of butt splice needed here) and crimp down.
3) Insert (positive wire) white dashed wire from the power cord into butt splice. Crimp down. (Need photo)
Wiring the Trigger:
1) Insert the green (trigger) wire from the VS2 cord into a butt splice and crimp.
2) Insert the black wire from the break beam into the other end of the butt splice and crimp.
Finishing the circuit:
1) Braid together the red & white wires from the VS2 cord & the blue cord from the break beam. Insert into the butt splice and crimp with a wire stripper. (Need photo)
2) Insert black wire from the power cord into the other end of the butt splice and crimp with a wire stripper. (Need photo)