The following release notes refer to updates made to the cloud.samsara.com dashboard.
- Introduced the EV Charging Report to provide visibility into electric vehicle charging patterns
- Launched the Panic Button, new hardware for the VG34 that allows drivers to alert fleet managers in emergency situations with the push of a button. An alert is triggered via email, SMS, or API. For customers with AI Dash Cams, footage will be recorded and uploaded to the dashboard.
- Added the J1939 cable for connecting heavy equipment to the cloud to track diagnostic, GPS, and engine data
- Added the HOS Audit Transfer Report to help fleet managers keep track of datafile transfer status and address missing information
- Added an expandable view to visualize diagnostics on the vehicle/show page for AGs and VGs. This expanded view includes a timestamp and will report a value if the gateway has ever read a diagnostic value. Diagnostic availability varies based on asset type, make, and model.
- Added new route settings for tracking window, arrivals & departure definitions, and default route stop times so you can define exactly how you want your routes to be tracked
Added two new manual label options to safety events:
- Harsh event alerts now include the specific harsh event type (e.g. Harsh Brake, Rolling Stop) in the subject and body of email and SMS alerts
- Customers are now able to set times when an alert should be enabled - previously, alerts could only be disabled during specific times
- You can now provide live share view and edit access for any new or existing role, including custom roles
- Rides Report CSV Download Now Available
- Added additional language support for voice coaching: Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Italian
- Launched the Samsara Fleet mobile app for iOS and Android
- Added electric vehicle features including state of charge on the map overlay, fuel and energy levels on the dispatch page, a new EV low battery alert, an EV efficiency report, and historical state of charge graph
- PTO and Idle columns are now available in the Fuel Usage report on a per-request basis
- Added a “Not Installed” banner on the overview page for AG45s that have been added to an org, but have not yet been activated.
- Redesigned the dashboard, including vertical navigation, feature grouping by category, and more map
- To optimize for faster uploads and event review, we’ve updated the length of event videos from 20 seconds to 10 seconds
- Now you can configure a scheduled report with just a click: press “Schedule Emailed Report” and use the new pop-up form to create a new report. You can also now give your scheduled reports a unique name, and can see which user created any given report
- Launched a full workflow integration between Samsara and McLeod LoadMaster
- Synced the shift and drive clocks with the cycle remaining clock to give admins a better sense of how many real hours their drivers have left before violations
- The odometer value and unit on the Gateways CSV download page have been localized (e.g. meters or miles); this affects VGs as well as AGs
- The “show unpaired assets” functionality on the Devices > Gateways page has been moved to the Assets page
- Added a 'Missing Required Information for ELD Data Transfer' banner to the Compliance Dashboard
- Launched the new Compliance Dashboard to provide at-a-glance visibility into your fleet’s HOS violations, unidentified driving, and unassigned hours
- Administrators can now set up an alert to monitor vehicle DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) levels, and get notified when levels fall below a defined threshold, over a defined amount of time
- Fleet administrators are now able to view historical fuel levels for vehicles we can read Fuel Level data from
- Added new data customization for the Utilization Report, allowing admins to view data based on available “utilizable” hours. This allows you to view utilization based on your work hours, by location or by equipment type depending on how you’ve set up tags.
- With our new eSignature feature, drivers can capture customer signatures right in the Driver App. Signatures are instantly captured and uploaded to your dashboard.
- The new Reports Summary page puts all of your reports in one place and enables you to search for them by name, category, or description
- You can now create custom DVIR templates to templatize DVIRs for specific vehicles and trailers
- Dashboard admins can streamline drivers’ workflow and improve data accuracy by adding date and time pickers to each Document.
- You can now download data from the Utilization Report in an hour-by-hour view or in a summary view
- The Utilization Report can be customized to reflect the working hours of assets at a device level. Previously the report could only be calculated on a 12 or 24 hour work day.
- For municipalities where required, speed mentions on the dashboard can now be masked
- It's now possible to view historical fuel levels on the vehicle overview page
- New scheduled report available: monthly IFTA report
- You can now assign drivers to a vehicle using the Samsara ID Card Reader and unique Driver ID card - this appears under trips in the dashboard
- New report available: Coaching Effectiveness Report
- Camera ID uses facial recognition and our advanced algorithms to automatically identify and tag drivers to vehicles, trips, and event footage. The new Driver Assignment report supports bulk driver assignment.
- New alert: Maintenance staff can now receive alerts for all defects, not just ones that are marked unsafe
- New Scheduled Report: Unassigned HOS Report
- Safety managers automatically receive an email when they’re assigned to a harsh event, with a link to the video to review in the dashboard
- DVIRs now allow direct DVIR resolution by maintenance staff on the DVIR without needing to create a new DVIR
- Shipping IDs and Trailer Numbers will now automatically carry over from day to day on HOS logs
Via the Trailers and Assets settings in the dashboard, you can now set your own limits for the number of trailers a driver can select for their day and you can now turn off the ability for drivers to create trailers from the Driver app
- The Dispatch tab now provides visibility into Hours of Service along with improved sorting and the ability to search for specific vehicles
- When you create or edit a route, you can now click, drag, and drop to rearrange stops into the order that you need
- Carriers can now designate a geofence as a "yard" and all unassigned segments that are contained in this geofence will be automatically annotated as "Yard Move," thus saving time
- Added a new alert for unassigned driving. Once configured in settings, if a vehicle moves without a driver assignment, this will fire an alert.
- Added a printable coaching summary tool that lets you view the coaching history for each driver along with a summary of each coaching session
- Admins can view and edit their payment information directly in the dashboard (as long as they pay via credit card or bank account)
- The definition for arrival and departure at a route stop will now be strictly geofence-based (disregarding vehicle speed)
- Existing routes can be copied, making it easier to modify existing plans, create referenceable route templates, and assign the same route to multiple drivers or vehicles
- We've made it easier to manage unassigned driving segments on the Unassigned HOS Report by adding a filterable pending tab, dynamic distance and time fields, and improved search and filter capabilities to the entire report
- Customers with wake on motion enabled for AG45s can now set alerts for when an AG45 starts or stops moving
- Mechanics and drivers can now resolve individual defects in any DVIR
- Made Performance improvements to the Summary Report, Activity Report, and Time on Site Report
- Improved CSV format for Time on Site by Site scheduled report
- Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of repeating routes
- Added a trip-level summary of speeding across different severity buckets. The goal of the speeding report is to help users understand when, where, and to what degree their drivers are speeding
- Launched an entirely new set of API endpoints that standardizes the structure of our API, thereby improving usability for developers who build applications or integrate with Samsara.
- Admins can bulk upload alert contacts
- Added ability to configure fuel level alerts and receive notifications when a vehicle’s fuel level falls below a certain fuel level percent
- Carriers can now queue up edits before a driver certifies a log
- Users of messaging can see the timestamp of when a driver has viewed a message, providing more visibility into when the driver actually received the message
- Users with dual-facing cameras can now enable driver-facing stills via a toggle option on the Cameras/Safety settings page
- Null values on the fuel usage report now sort on the bottom of the list
- Vehicles have been added as a category within the Dormancy, Inventory, and Utilization reports
- The Utilization report now has a tab for powered equipment that calculates usage of a machine based on engine hours
- Added ability to customize check in schedule for AG45s
- Added two new safety related scheduled reports: the Driver Coaching Report and the Safety Manager Coaching Report
- VGs can now be easily replaced
- bulk admin upload to allow you to add or update multiple admins at once by uploading a CSV
- From the Fleet Overview map you can now toggle off and on geofences, as well as view and edit geofences and addresses
- You can now view your Utilization, Dormancy, and Detention reports for Trailers on the Summary Report screen
- CM31 and CM32 dash cam users can now customize the speed sensitivity that will trigger the detection of rolling stop events
- Password requirements have been strengthened for new Samsara dashboard users and users who reset their passwords
There’s now an indicator line on the Driver Safety Report to show when your driver was last coached using our coaching tools, making it easier to see the impact of coaching
- Planned vs Actual report now shows deviations from the plan at the stop level in addition to the entire route
- General Settings Page has been redesigned to improve organization
- None to report