The Asset Schedule is a new tool, which enables administrators to schedule assets for specific jobs/assignments from within the Samsara Dashboard. The Asset Schedule can be used for Samsara's AG line of products only.
Administrators can access the Asset Schedule by navigating to Reports > Schedule
How to create a new job:
1) Click on the button on the top right-hand side of the screen and a box will open up titled 'Add Job'.
2) Input the necessary name, dates, customer information, notes, and other items into their respective fields.
This feature does not require a specific asset to be selected when adding a job. Tags can be used to assign an asset type (e.g. flatbed trailer, cranes etc). This allows administrators to reserve an asset type for a future date, without having to choose which specific one.
To create proper asset type grouping, ensure you are using the tag feature to correctly tag all assets in your organization.
Administrators have the ability to edit an existing job by assigning specific assets to it. They also have the ability to change the job status.
Asset jobs have four statuses:
- Pending (orange): pending assignment of specific assets
- Scheduled (blue): specific assets are assigned to the job
- On-site (green): An administrator will need to explicitly toggle this state once they send assets on-site
- Completed (black): Once the job is completed, administrators can toggle the job state to indicate the same
Using the Asset Gantt chart to view past a future asset schedules:
Once an administrator assigns a specific asset to a job, the job will show up as a block on the asset Gantt chart. The color of the block indicates what status the job is currently in. Administrators will have access to a historic record of all asset booking, along with a view of future asset bookings on the Gantt chart.