The Asset Schedule is a tool that enables administrators to schedule assets for specific jobs/assignments from the Samsara Dashboard.
The Asset Schedule can be used for Samsara's AG line of products only.
How to Access this Feature
Administrators can access the Asset Schedule on the Dashboard by clicking on Fleet > Reports >Assets > Asset Schedule > Jobs.
How to Create a New Job
- Click on the Add Job button on the top right-hand side of the screen and Add Job window will open up.
- Input the necessary name, dates, customer information, notes, and other items into their respective fields and click Save.
This feature does not require a specific asset to be selected when adding a job. Tags can be used to assign an asset type (e.g. flatbed trailer, cranes, etc). This allows administrators to reserve an asset type for a future date, without having to choose a specific one.
To create proper asset type grouping, please ensure you are using the tag feature to correctly tag all assets in your organization. For more information on tags and how to use them, please see the articles Creating and Using Tags and Using Tags and Tag Nesting.
Administrators have the ability to edit an existing job by assigning specific assets to it. They also have the ability to change the job status.
Asset Job Statuses
- Pending (orange): pending assignment of specific assets
- Scheduled (blue): specific assets are assigned to the job
- On Site (green): an administrator will need to explicitly toggle this state once they send assets on-site
- Completed (black): once the job is completed, administrators can toggle the job state to completed
How to View Past and Future Asset Schedules
Once an administrator assigns a specific asset to a job, the job will show up as a block on the asset Gantt Chart.
To see this chat, toggle to the Assets tab.
The color of the block indicates what status the job is currently in.
Administrators will have access to a historical record of all asset booking, along with a view of future asset bookings on the Gantt chart.