Samsara supports the ability to create document submission alerts so admins will receive notifications as soon as a document submission occurs.
To create a document submission alert
- Navigate to Alerts > Configure > Document Submission
- Select what document types you want to be alerted on
- Drivers this alert applies to:
- All drivers in the organization is selected by default
- Click Edit Driver Selection to select
- Specific tags in the group
- Specific drivers in the group
- You may select multiple tags/drivers
- Click Done selecting drivers when you’re done editing driver selections
- Search contact book - pick the contact who will be receiving the alerts
- You can select multiple contacts to receive the alerts
- If the contact has a phone and email, once you’ve selected the contact you can choose to use only phone or email by unchecking/checking the boxes
- If the contact is not there you can create a new contact by clicking New
- Enter First Name (required)
- Enter Last Name
- Enter Phone and/or Email (required)
- Click Save
- If you see a contact with the wrong email/phone number you can edit the contact by clicking Manage.
- Description - You can add a short description about this alert so you can easily identify it in the future
- Click Save
Once you’ve created the document submission alert, it will appear on the left side of the page. You can turn the alert on or off by toggling the switch. If you want to edit the alert, click on the alert and edit accordingly.