Samsara supports the ability to create alerts for cases when a dash camera becomes disconnected from a vehicle.
To create a camera disconnected alerts.
1. Navigate to Alerts > Configure > Dash Cam Disconnected.
2. Once you click into Dash Cam Disconnected, select the vehicles this alert applies to.
All vehicles in the group is selected by default.
- Click Edit Vehicle Selection to select
- Specific tags in the group
- Specific vehicles in the group
- You may select multiple tags/vehicles
- Click Done selecting vehicles when you’re done editing vehicle selections.
Search contact book - pick the contact who will be receiving the alerts.
- You can select multiple contacts to receive the alerts
- If the contact has a phone and email, once you’ve selected the contact you can choose to use only phone or email by unchecking/checking the boxes
- If the contact is not there you can create a new contact by clicking New.
- If you see a contact with the wrong email/phone number you can edit the contact by clicking Manage.
4. Description - You can add a short description about this alert so you can easily identify it in the future.
5. Click Save.
Note: We have improved this alert such that you no longer have to specify how much time warrants a camera disconnect. Simply choose what cameras you'd like to alert on, and we'll manage the rest.