Adding the AG45 to the Dashboard
To activate your AG45, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Settings > Gateways on the Cloud Dashboard.
2) Select Activate Devices on the upper right.
3) Enter the serial number on the back of the device.
4) Select Activate Samsara Hardware.
Activating the AG45
1) Your AG45 should arrive with a label including activation instructions. Remove the label to access the power button. We highly recommend activating the AG45 device outdoors so that the gateway can register and connect to the cellular network without interference.
**Once your AG45 has been successfully powered on, the first check-in visible on the Dashboard will be dependent upon your check-in configurations. The default check-in is every 12 hours. Reference how to customize the check-in rate frequency here.
Mounting the Device
1) Place the device where you would like to mount it by hand.
2) Mark the location for the screws using the holes in the product.
3) Remove product, and drill a small pilot hole where you marked.
4) Replace product and screw down with the included anti-theft bit.
- The ideal orientation for the device is vertical with the LED indicator on the bottom side.
- Spray painting is acceptable, but we suggest refraining from metallic paint as that might interfere with antenna performance and therefore connection.
- Anti-theft screws are included in the AG45 package.
Please see the table below for common functions of the pin and button on the AG45.
|Category||Error / State||Button press||Signal|
(Please note: one- time process only.)
|NA||Hold and release when light turns green.||
Solid green light for 2-3 seconds.
|NA||Press 4 times consecutively (hold for less than a second each time).||
Three lights indicate successful test ping initiation.
Solid green for 2 seconds indicates a successful ping.
Solid orange for 2 seconds indicates an unsuccessful ping.
|Reset Device||NA||Hold for 15 seconds.||Green light flashes 3 times and turns solid green for 5 seconds.|
|Active / No errors||
Press button 2 times consecutively (hold for less than a second each time).
|Solid green for 5 seconds.|
|Not Activated||Solid orange for 5 seconds.|
|No LTE||2 orange flashes.|
|Error||5 orange flashes.|
|Low battery||8 orange flashes.|
Please note the following common mistakes:
- When activating your device, please be sure to hold down the button until the light turns green, indicating a successful activation.
- When triggering an immediate check-in, we commonly see customers press and hold the button when they see a green light. This is the flow for activation, but not for immediate check-in. To perform an immediate check-in, press the button 4 times consecutively, holding down the button for less than a second each time. After the 4th button press, the green light will flash 3 times to indicate the test ping initiated.
- A solid green light showing for 2 seconds indicates a successful test ping.
- A solid orange light showing for 2 seconds indicates an unsuccessful test ping.
There may be up to a 5 minute lag between green light flashing three times to indicate test ping initiated and the actual test ping results. Please wait up to 5 minutes after the three green flashes for test ping results.
If you run into any difficulties with the pin and button functions, please contact Samsara Support at samsara.com/help.