Activating the AG45 in the Dashboard
To activate your AG45, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Settings > Gateways on the Cloud Dashboard.
2) Select Activate Devices on the upper right.
3) Enter the serial number on the back of the device.
4) Select Activate Samsara Hardware.
Powering on the AG45
1) Your AG45 should arrive with a label including activation instructions. Remove the label to access the power button.
2) To power on the unit, use the pushpin provided to press the button for 2 seconds to successfully activate the device. A green light should appear for ~3 seconds to indicate a successful activation.
**Once your AG45 has been successfully powered on, the first check-in visible on the Dashboard will be dependent upon your check-in configurations. The default check-in is every 12 hours. Reference how to customize the check-in rate frequency here.
Mounting the Device
1) Place the device where you would like to mount it by hand.
2) Mark the location for the screws using the holes in the product.
3) Remove product, and drill a small pilot hole where you marked.
4) Replace product and screw down with the included anti-theft bit.
- The ideal orientation for the device is vertical with the LED indicator on the bottom side.
- Spray painting is acceptable, but we suggest refraining from metallic paint as that might interfere with antenna performance and therefore connection.
- Anti-theft screws are included in the AG45 package.
- Replacing the batteries is possible, but they should be replaced with Li-SOCL2 batteries. SAFT LS14500 recommended.