As a Fleet Administrator, you have the ability to update the ruleset that your drivers are subject to in Samsara. You also have the ability to configure your drivers' DVIR settings.
By default, your organization will automatically be configured to the USA (8/70 Property) ruleset with a 34-Hour Restart. You can adjust these settings to reflect the ruleset that your organization operates under.
The best approach when adjusting these ruleset settings is to mimic the ruleset that your organization operated under prior to the ELD mandate. If you have any specific questions about which ruleset your organization is subject to, please contact your local DOT office.
How to Edit Ruleset Settings
1. Sign into your Samsara Cloud Dashboard, and navigate Settings > HOS/DVIR.
2. You can adjust the settings by clicking the Gear Icon on the right hand side of the page.
3. Choose your ruleset and select Save.
There are 3 Main DVIR Settings:
1) Drivers must enter comments on DVIR defects (default off)
2) Drivers must mark DVIRs as either pre or post trip (default off)
3) Disallow Drivers from resolving DVIRs (default off)