To install a gateway with an ACC-BPC cable, you will need to locate a wire in the vehicle that is positive, and only On when the vehicle is also on.
Examples: Ignition, fuse box slot, any 12V positive wire
- In order to find a positive wire or fuse box slot, you will need to use a multimeter or a voltage tester.
- With this tool in hand, please turn the key of the vehicle to the On position and test the wire or fuse box slot that you’d like to use to make sure that it is positive.
- Once you’ve confirmed this, please turn the key to the Off position and confirm that the wire/fuse box slot is also off and not drawing any power. This will ensure that the device goes to sleep while the vehicle is off and will not drain the battery.
- Once you’ve found a power source that is positive, simply wire the Red cable on the ACC-BPC to that power source. One item that you may find useful when doing a fuse box install is a fuse tap.
- The black cable on the ACC-BPC is the negative (ground) cable and should be connected somewhere on the body of the vehicle as the ground.