If you have distinct equipment types or operate multiple terminals with vehicles limited to each, you can now control vehicle visibility in the Samsara Driver app using tags.
When a tag is selected as the vehicle selection tag for a driver, they will only be able to choose from these vehicles in the Samsara Driver app.
- Adding a driver to a tag does NOT automatically configure this setting
- If vehicles are removed from a driver's configured vehicle selection tag, they will be immediately unable to view those vehicles
Configuration: Single Driver
To configure this setting for a driver:
- Navigate to the Settings > Drivers page
- Choose a driver and set the driver's "Vehicle Selection Tag"
Configuration: Multiple Drivers
You can use our CSV Upload functionality to configure this setting, too. To configure:
- Download the Driver CSV from the Drivers > Settings > Bulk Operations menu
- Edit the column "Driver Selection Tag" for each driver to be updated.
- Upload the CSV
For detailed instructions on Driver CSV uploads, please see this article: Upload Drivers in Bulk >>
Driver App Screenshots