How can harsh event sensitivity be changed?
There are three different ways to change harsh event sensitivity.
Changing harsh event sensitivity - Single vehicle
To adjust the harsh event sensitivity for a single vehicle:
- Navigate to Fleet > Overview.
- Select the vehicle.
- Click the [...] ellipsis icon next to the vehicle’s name.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Harsh Event Detection Settings section.
- Click on the sensitivity you would like to use.
Changing harsh event sensitivity - Existing and New Activations
To change the default harsh event sensitivity for all newly added or activated vehicles:
- Navigate to Settings > Cameras & Safety > Vehicle Type.
- Under Default vehicle type (for newly added or activated vehicles) click on the drop-down menu to select the new sensitivity setting.
- Select Save.
If you would like to configure individual vehicles or bulk update specific sets of vehicles:
- Select Configure Individual Vehicles
- Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to select vehicles
- You can also use the Tags filter to select a group of vehicles based on configured tags
- Select Update Vehicle Type to the right of the blue header
- Use the dropdown menu to select a new vehicle type
- Select Save
The ( i ) icon indicates vehicles where Samsara has detected a mismatch between make/model and vehicle type, based on the standard weight class for the make/model. Hover over the icon to view Samsara’s recommended vehicle type setting for that vehicle.