How can harsh event sensitivity be changed?
There are three different ways to change harsh event sensitivity.
Changing harsh event sensitivity - Single vehicle
To adjust the harsh event sensitivity for a single vehicle:
- Navigate to Fleet > Overview.
- Select the vehicle.
- Click the [...] ellipsis icon next to the vehicle’s name.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Harsh Event Detection Settings section.
- Click on the sensitivity you would like to use.
Please note the sensitivity parameters are sustained acceleration rates of 0.35g (Heavy Duty), 0.4g (Light Duty), 0.6g (Passenger).
Changing harsh event sensitivity - Existing and New Activations
To change the default harsh event sensitivity for all newly added or activated vehicles:
- Navigate to Settings > Cameras & Safety > Vehicle Type.
- Under Default vehicle type (for newly added or activated vehicles) click on the drop-down menu to select the new sensitivity setting.
- Select Save.
If you would like to configure individual vehicles or bulk update specific sets of vehicles:
- Select Configure Individual Vehicles
- Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to select vehicles
- You can also use the Tags filter to select a group of vehicles based on configured tags
- Select Update Vehicle Type to the right of the blue header
- Use the dropdown menu to select a new vehicle type
- Select Save
The ( i ) icon indicates vehicles where Samsara has detected a mismatch between make/model and vehicle type, based on the standard weight class for the make/model. Hover over the icon to view Samsara’s recommended vehicle type setting for that vehicle.