To create Document types or view Documents in your Samsara Cloud Dashboard as an administrator, navigate to Documents.
1. Click Create new document type > Create Custom Document Type - this starts the process with a blank form.
2. Click Create new document type > click an option from Create from a standard document type to work off of six standard document types as a template.
3. Name the document type.
4. Click Add Field to determine what types of information can be submitted in this document type:
- Number field: this field type will prompt the driver to enter a numeric value with an allowance of decimal places you choose.
- Text field: this field type will prompt the driver to write any text here.
- Photo field: this will prompt the driver to take a photo or upload a photo from their device's gallery.
- Multiple choice field: this will prompt the driver to select one of multiple options you create here.
- Signature field: this will prompt the driver to type their name and draw an eSignature with their finger in the app. Rotating the device to landscape mode will enable a wider field for capturing a signature.
- Date/time field: this will prompt the driver to input a date and time.
5. Name each field.
6. Mark each field as required or not required.
7. Drag and drop fields to rearrange the order of the document type.
Editing or Deleting Documents
Document Types can be deleted or edited later under the Document Types tab. Note that this will not impact any previously submitted documents and will only change the form presented to your drivers in the future.
On the driver app, navigate to Documents > Create new document. The document types that have been created in the dashboard will be available here.
A red asterisk will delineate the fields that are required. All required fields must be entered in the driver app in order to save a document submission.
How to Download Documents Data
To learn how to export document data, please refer to our article on Downloading Documents to a CSV File.