To create Document types or view Documents in your Samsara Cloud Dashboard, Fleet Admins can navigate to Fleet > Reports > Documents.
- Click the blue-button labeled Create new document type - this starts the process with a blank form.
- Click the white button labeled Create from standard types - has 6 standard document types as a template.
In the creating a new document type page you can:
- Name/rename the document.
- Add fields:
- Choose from one of the options to add a new field to your Document Type.
- Every field type has a place to specify the name of the field and some fields provide other configuration options. For example, the number field allows you to specify how many decimal places the driver's input may contain and the multiple-choice field allows to add options for drivers to select from.
- Upon selecting your document type fields, you can enable a required field by sliding the icon which should turn green when selected.
- The order of fields can be rearranged by click and dragging from the lines at the top-center of each box.
- Click the button labeled Save when your Document Type is completed. Document Types can be deleted or edited later by clicking Document Types tab and then clicking the corresponding buttons next to each Document Type. Note that this will not impact any previously submitted Documents and will only change the form presented to your drivers in the future.
On the driver app, navigate to Documents > Create new Document > select your Document Type created on the dashboard.
You should see a red asterisk to delineate the fields are now required.
In order to save your response, the input must be provided for all required document fields.