AG24 for Reefers Overview
In this configuration, the AG24 will provide live GPS tracking, two-way reefer control, reefer alarms, speed, and sensor data from accompanying Samsara sensors. This data is transmitted to the Samsara dashboard whether the reefer is powered on or is shut off.
For information on a non-reefer powered equipment operations for your AG24, check out our article on AG Operations for Powered Equipment.
Note on Carrier reefers
Samsara has recently identified a rarely occurring but potentially disruptive activity with our two-way reefer control solution, specific to Carrier reefers. The identified issue appears to be related to how relay commands are remotely sent to the reefer unit. In rare instances, reefers may shut down unexpectedly.
- While this behavior is extremely uncommon, we are proactively disabling two-way reefer control for Carrier reefers effective Friday, 12/20 to mitigate any potential risk of unexpected reefer shut-off.
- Temperature and diagnostics monitoring will continue to function as designed while two-way reefer control is disabled,
- We are working directly with Carrier to develop a new solution that will restore two-way reefer control functionality.
- We understand that two-way reefer control is an important feature for our customers, and we sincerely apologize for the disruption. While two-way reefer control is unavailable, we will be waiving your license fee for the affected units.
- This issue does not affect Thermo King units.
Accessing and viewing your Reefer trailers
Once the AG24s are installed and added to your organization, there are many ways to access your fleet's reefer live information and reports. From your Dashboard (cloud.samsara.com) you can navigate to Fleet>Assets to view a list of all your registered assets, including but not limited to your current reefers and reefer statuses.
Selecting these assets will let you see the asset view which will provide more in-depth real-time information.
Note: Information pulled from the asset status may vary between makes, models, vehicles and types of assets.
There are several reports that might be useful for your refrigerated trailers. You can find these and more in your Reports section at Fleets>Reports
Reefer Temperature Reports - These reports list the current and historical temperature reports for all your reefers. This report also allows you to access some reefer controls and get minute-by-minute reports on historical data for each unit.
Dormancy reports - These reports report the activity of your assets and helps administrators keep track of their inventory and use-count.