The AG24 Asset Gateway can be installed on powered equipment for live GPS and engine hours tracking using the AG24 Power Cable.
The AG24 Asset IoT Gateway offers many configurations to physically connect to powered assets, such as trailers, powered equipment (with or without powered takeoff), chassis, and more. Instructions and diagrams on installation are available here: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/corpweb-static/pdf/docs/ag24-powered-asset-install-guide.pdf
Using the AG24 Powered Asset Cable for Powered Equipment
- With this cable, the AG24 can draw full power from the equipment battery when the equipment is running and will switch to the AG24s own internal battery when the activation signal is off.
- Though labeled Ignition the yellow wire can be hooked up to any 12VDC signal on the equipment, and the red Power wire can be installed on any 12-24VDC power source. Please note that you should not wire a 24VDC signal onto the Ignition wire.
- This cable is compatible with countless equipment types: utility trailers, skid steers, backhoes, cranes, generators, pumps, forklifts, and more.
Assigning Ignition Wire on the Cloud Dashboard
- You will need to assign the Ignition wire an Input Type on the Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Settings > Gateways page in the Cloud Dashboard.
- Select the Settings button under ". . ." for the gateway in question.
- The Edit Device box will pop up.
- Scroll down to Aux Input Type and select your option.
When installed correctly, the AG24 will provide live GPS and speed tracking any time the main engine of the equipment is powered on, and for five minutes after engine shut-off. When the engine is shut-off, the AG24 will send GPS location and sensor data to the Samsara cloud every 2 hours by default. This data can be viewed on your Samsara Dashboard (cloud.samsara.com).
For information on using your AG24 to connect and control your refrigerated units (reefers), check out our article on AG24 Operations for Refrigerated Trailers.
Accessing and Viewing Your Powered Equipment
There are several ways to view real-time data for your Powered Asset on your Samsara Dashboard. The most common is through the Overview page. From here you are able to see the last known GPS locations or current information and live tracking along with other vehicles and assets with GPS data in your fleet.
Another great tool for keeping track of your Powered Equipment is the Assets Overview (Fleet>Assets) which should provide all current or last known statuses of your assets.
From here you can select your specific asset to view the current or last known data recorded by these devices. Additional monitoring of power take-off or specialized equipment is displayed when the auxiliary (yellow) cable is wired. This equipment is displayed in reports and overview pages in the Samsara dashboard.
There are several reports that might be useful for your powered equipment. You can find these and more in your Reports section in the left navigation bar in your Dashboard.
The Asset Inventory report gives you an at-a-glance view of where all your assets are located. These sites can be added and grouped by locations in your Address Book.
You can learn additional information regarding using your Address Book here.