The AG24 Asset IoT Gateway offers many configurations to physically connect to powered assets, with the 7-way configuration available for dry trailer installations. Using this cable, the AG can draw power from the 7-way cable when it is plugged into a tractor and will operate in battery-save mode when not connected to tractor power.
The AG24 can be mounted in one of many places on the trailer:
- Mounting on the top or the side will allow for solar charging.
- For covert installation, wires can be routed inside the trailer or the device can be mounted underneath the body.
When connecting the three cables to the 7-way pins, be certain that brown and blue cables are wired to positive terminals and white cable is connected to ground.
- Select the desired mounting location and clean thoroughly with a cleaning wipe.
- Attach mounting plate with adhesive. Secure with 4 self-tapping screws if desired.
- Mount AG onto mounting plate with 4 flat-end screws.
- Plug cable into AG.
- Run cable to 7-way. Fasten to trailer with zip ties.
- Connect cable to 7-way. AG light turns on for 30 seconds if correct.
To view more details about the AG24 installation, please see the AG24 Installation Guide.
For information regarding troubleshooting your AG24, please see the AG24 Troubleshooting page.