When you receive your Samsara Hardware, you’ll first want to activate the device(s). This article will provide instructions on how new and existing users activate their hardware.
Steps for New Customers
1. Visit cloud.samsara.com/activate.
2. Click on “Sign up,” and Create an Account.
3. Input your organization name and select country. Select next.
4. Enter the serial number (SN) from the back of hardware device under and click “Activate Samsara Hardware”. You may enter multiple barcodes at once.
5. If you have activated your hardware successfully, you'll see "Device Activated" with an invitation to move forward to your Dashboard below.
Steps for Existing Customers
NOTE: While the steps above are also applicable to existing customers, you can also activate hardware directly from your dashboard.
1. Navigate to Settings > Gateways > Activate Devices.
2. Steps from here are identical to 4-5 listed above for new customers.