A driving team of two or more can manage their hours of service from one device using the Driving Team feature of the Driver App.
Important: All drivers must be signed into one device. While team driving, do not sign into the app on any other phones or tablets. If you are new to the Samsara Driver App, take a moment to review the basics in our User Manual before you begin Team Driving. You can also find some step-by-step video guides here. (Para videos en español, hacer click acá: Videos en español.)
Important: The images and instructions below are from the latest version of the app and may not match the visuals in the previous videos or user manuals. The majority of instructions are the same, with a few changes in terminology.
We’ll use Adam & Sandy as the two drivers in our example driving team below. In this example, Adam is already logged in and has chosen a vehicle. Click here for instructions on how to sign in and choose your vehicle.
Part One: Create Your Team
Gwen is driving first, so she has already signed in. Bob will now sign in to join the team.
- Tap Driving Team
- Gwen's name, tap Add Passenger
- Enter the second driver's username & password. Tap Sign in
- for any additional drivers, repeat steps 2 & 3
Part Two: Get Ready to Drive
Gwen is already set as the driver. Bob will go to Sleeper Berth.
- Below Bob's name, tap View Account
- Click Home. From the HoS screen, change Bob's status to Sleeper Berth and click Save.
- For any additional drivers who start in the sleeper berth, repeat steps 1 & 2
- In Driving Team, tap View Account below Gwen's name.
- Begin driving. Driving time will go to Gwen's log automatically
Part Three: Switch Drivers
Gwen's driving shift is over, and Bob will start driving. Follow these steps each time you switch.
- Once pulled over and stopped, select Sleeper Berth status for Gwen and click Save
- In Driving Team, tap Set as Driver under Bob’s name
- Tap View account under Bob’s name.
- Begin driving. Driving time will go to Bob’s log automatically
Part Four: Sign out
Gwen & Bob are done driving and are ready to leave the vehicle.
When you are done team driving, go back to the home page and sign out. This will sign out everyone in the driving team - only do this when you are all ready to go OFF DUTY.