A driving team of two or more can manage their hours of service from one device using the “Driving Team” feature of the Driver App.
Important: All drivers must be signed into one device. While team driving, do not sign into the app on any other phones or tablets.
If you are new to the Samsara Driver App, take a moment to review the basics in our User Manual before you begin Team Driving. You can also find some step-by-step video guides here. (Para videos en español, hacer click acá: Videos en español.)
We’ll use Sam & Sara as the two drivers in our example driving team below. In this example, Sam is already logged in and has chosen a vehicle. Click here for instructions on how to sign in and choose your vehicle.
Part One: Create your team
Sam is driving first, so he has already signed in. Sara will now sign in to join the team.
- Tap “Driving Team”
- Tap “Add User to Driving Team”
- Enter the second driver’s username & password, and tap “Sign in"
► For any additional drivers, repeat steps 2 & 3
Part Two: Get ready to drive
Sam is already set as the vehicle driver. Sara will go to the Sleeper Berth.
- Next to Sara’s name, tap “View app on driver’s account”
- From the “HoS” screen, change Sara’s status to SLEEPER BERTH
► For any additional drivers who start in the sleeper berth, repeat steps 1 & 2
- In “Driving Team”, tap “View app on driver’s account” next to Sam’s name
► Begin driving. Driving time will go to Sam’s log automatically.
Part Three: Switch drivers
Sam’s driving shift is over, and Sara will start driving. Follow these steps each time you switch.
- Once pulled over and stopped, select "Sleeper Berth" status for Sam.
- In “Driving Team”, tap "Set as vehicle driver” next to Sara’s name
- Tap “View app on driver’s account" next to Sara’s name
► Begin driving. Driving time will go to Sara’s log automatically.
Part Four: Sign out
Sam & Sara are done driving, and are ready to leave the vehicle.
When you are done team driving, go back to the home page and sign out. This will sign out everyone in the driving team - only do this when you are all ready to go OFF DUTY.
Watch our training video on Team Driving below: