With Scheduled Reports, you can configure a report to be sent to a group of users daily, weekly, or monthly. This is a useful tool for administrators to share important information with their colleagues.
There are two ways to create a Scheduled Report:
Configuring a Scheduled Report Directly from An Existing Report
You can configure a Scheduled Report directly from a specific report in the dashboard. To do so:
- Navigate to Reports and select the report you would like to configure as a Scheduled Report.
- On the report, navigate to More Actions > Schedule Emailed Report. The report type will be pre-selected to the report that you are currently viewing
- Choose a name for your Scheduled Report – this will be the subject of the email that is sent to your inbox
- Choose the filters that you want applied to the report – these can be any of the tags that you have configured for your organization
- Choose the recipients that you want the report sent to – these recipients are pulled directly from your Alert Contacts
- Choose the cadence for your report – all reports can be sent daily or weekly.
- Click Save
Creating a Scheduled Report from the Settings Page
- Navigate to Settings > Scheduled Reports > +Add a Scheduled Report
Fill out all necessary information including Report Name, Report Type, Tags, and Recipient(s)
- Choose how often to repeat the report and what time you'd like to receive the report
- Click Save
The Scheduled Report will be sent to the recipients at the configured date and time. The subject line of the email will appear as your chosen name for the report, prepended with "[Samsara]". The body of the email will appear as shown below: