Fuel Usage Report
The Fuel Usage report shows information about the fuel usage of drivers or vehicles in the fleet. This includes the vehicle name, current driver, current fuel level, the amount of fuel used, estimated cost, engine run time, idle time, and percent time idle. The report can be run by the hour, day, week, month, or any custom time period.
- Current Fuel Level: Percentage representing current fuel level out of total available fuel level.
- Fuel Used: Fuel used in a specific time frame.
- Fuel Efficiency: A driver or vehicle's miles per gallon in a specific time frame.
- Est. Cost: The estimated fuel cost is based on a national average of the cost of fuel and is updated weekly.
- Engine Run Time: The amount of time for which the engine is loaded (vehicle is running or PTO is operating).
- Idle Time: Idle time is the amount of time that the engine is on but not loaded. Idle is an engine status that is reported by the vehicle's ECM/ECU (the states are on/off/idle) - when a vehicle switches to idle and the idle time exceeds 2 minutes, idle time is captured and reported. Idle time less than 2 minutes is not reported.
- Percent Time Idle: Idle Time divided by Engine Run Time + Idle Time * 100.
Adding the values of the Engine Run Time and Idle Time columns will give the total time for which the engine is on, powered or idling.
To access the fuel usage report, click Reports > Fuel Usage.
Fuel Purchase Report
The Fuel Purchase Report is available on your dashboard by navigating to Fleet > Reports > Fuel Purchases . An administrator will need to upload fuel purchases data in a CSV file in order to sync with the dashboard. The fuel purchase report shows a few things:
- All uploaded fuel purchase amounts, cost, time, and location
- Fuel purchase verification: this lets you know if a vehicle from your fleet was nearby at the time of purchase. Verified purchases will include a link to the proximity search that verified the purchase. Unverified means no vehicle was nearby.
- Invalid purchases: these are purchases where the address or other data may be invalid and the purchase was unable to be marked as verified. As an administrator you may manually edit a file to correct typos or address errors and re-upload - the report will resolve the duplicated uploads and if the address is valid, verify the purchase.
- Currently, the fuel card upload only generates a report that shows fuel purchases their verification status. This report can be exported to CSV from More Actions. It does not add fuel data to the IFTA report or integrate with other reports.