Samsara supports the ability to create Vehicle Fault alerts - also known as Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) alerts - when a vehicle fault code is read through the OBD-II or J1939 connector into a vehicle.
To create a vehicle fault alert:
- Navigate to Alerts > Configure > Vehicle Faults
- Vehicles this alert applies to
- All vehicles in the group is selected by default
- Click Edit Vehicle Selection to select
- Specific tags in the group
- Specific vehicles in the group
- You may select multiple tags/vehicles
- Click Done selecting vehicles when you’re done editing vehicle selections
- Input how many minutes the alert must hold for before sending the alert
- Avoid these times - Pick days and times to NOT send alerts
- Search contact book - pick the contact who will be receiving the alerts
- You can select multiple contacts to receive the alerts
- If the contact has a phone and email, once you’ve selected the contact you can choose to use only phone or email by unchecking/checking the boxes
- If the contact is not there you can create a new contact by clicking New
- Enter First Name (required)
- Enter Last Name
- Enter Phone and/or Email (required)
- Click Save
- If you see a contact with the wrong email/phone number you can edit the contact by clicking Manage.
- Description - You can add a short description about this alert so you can easily identify it in the future
- Click Save
Once you’ve created the vehicle fault alert, it will appear on the left side of the page. You can turn the alert on or off by toggling the switch. If you want to edit the alert, click on the alert and edit accordingly.