Samsara supports the ability to create Vehicle Fault alerts - also known as Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) alerts - when a vehicle fault code is read through the OBD-II or J1939 connector into a vehicle.
To configure a DTC alert, click on "Alerts" and then select the "Configure" tab. Next, select "Vehicle Faults" and follow the steps below to configure a DTC Alert:
1. Select the vehicle to apply the DTC alert to, or select "all vehicles"
2. Specify the amount of time the vehicle must show that fault before an alert is triggered
3. Select a timeframe (or multiple timeframes) to disable the alert on a daily basis. During these times, an alert will not be generated, even if a vehicle fault occurs.
4. Specify the contact(s) to receive the notification via email or SMS text message in the event that a vehicle fault occurs.
5. Optionally, add a description for the alert.
6. Click "Save" to save the alert.
The screenshot below shows the configuration of a DTC alert: