Samsara supports the ability to create speeding alerts in case a vehicle is driving at an unsafe speed.
How to Use It
1. Navigate to Alerts (bell icon at the navigation bar at the top-right corner of the screen) > Configure > Speed
2. Choose to be alerted if a vehicle exceeds a certain speed, if a vehicle exceeds the speed limit by a specified amount, or if a vehicle exceeds the speed limit by a percentage.
3. Select which vehicle(s) this alert applies to. Click Edit Vehicle Selection to switch between all vehicles, all vehicles within a tag, or a selection you can choose one by one.
4. Input how many minutes the alert must hold before sending the alert.
5. Use Avoid these times to disable alerts within a specific time range or time ranges.
6. Under Send Contact Notifications, select the recipient(s) of the alerts from your Alert Contact List. You can select multiple contacts to receive the alerts here, and use the + New button to add recipients who don't already exist in your contact list.
7. Once you’ve created the speeding alert, it will appear on the left side of the page. You can turn the alert on or off by toggling the switch. If you want to edit the alert, click on the alert and edit accordingly.
Note: If a driver/vehicle is driving constantly over the configured speed threshold, and there is no time threshold configured for the alert, administrators will only receive alert notifications every 30 minutes at most. This is done purposely in order to limit the amount of email/SMS notifications that an admin receives, as well as cut down on the noise in the Alerts > Incidents page of the Dashboard.