Samsara fleet tracking supports a variety of alerts that can be used to track vehicles and monitor their behavior. One of these alerts is called "geofencing" and it can used to create an alert anytime a vehicle enters or exits a specific geographic area.
To create a Geofence alert, click "Alerts"and then click "Configure." From that screen select "Geofence" and then follow the below steps to configure the Geofence alert.
1. Name the alert
2. Select the location for the center of the geofence. Note that any locations that have been updated to the address book can be selected by clicking on the "Address Book" tab.
3. Name the location (if not already done so from the address book) and set the radius (in meters) for the geofence. Note that administrators can drag and drop the geofence on the map, as well as shrink/enlarge the circle by simply using their mouse. Administrators can also draw a geofence to be any shape they want, or choose a box.
4. Select to enforce the alert when a vehicle is inside or outside the geofence
5. Specify the length of time (in minutes) that the geofence condition must hold before an alert is fired
6. Select the vehicle to apply the geofence alert to, or select "all vehicles"
7. Select a timeframe (or multiple timeframes) to disable the alert on a daily basis
8. Lastly, specify the contact(s) to receive a notification via SMS and/or email in the event that an alert occurs. A description for the alert can also be configured if desired.
The screenshot below shows the configuration of a geofence alert: