Have you mounted a mobile device (Tablet or Smartphone) for the Samsara Driver App within one of your vehicles?
You can now ensure that every driver who signs in on that device is automatically associated with that vehicle using the Lock Device to Vehicle feature.
If you later move the device and need to change the vehicle associated with the device, follow the Unlock a Device-Vehicle Pairing instructions.
Lock a Device to a Vehicle
- After mounting the device, sign into the Samsara Driver App using any driver account.
- Select the vehicle to be paired with the driver and then Done.
- After the driver is assigned to the vehicle, press and hold the username for three seconds to jump to the application settings. You can also tap the settings gear and then Pin vehicle to device.
- Enable the Lock this Device to Current Vehicle feature.
- Return the Overview screen, where the vehicle selection option is now inactive.
Note: Any driver who now signs into the Samsara Driver App on this device will be associated with the selected vehicle.
Unlock a Device-Vehicle Pairing
1. From the Home screen, press and hold on the username for three seconds. The Application Settings panel will appear.
2. Switch off the Lock this Device to Current Vehicle option.
3. Return to the Overview screen, where the vehicle selection option is now active.
Note: Any driver who now signs into the Samsara Driver App on this device will be able to select their vehicle as normal.